Points to a Z-height based on Texts?

Tiger

I seem to remember that there have been routines posted here that can create Points with a Z-value based on Text-objects - but I can't seem to find it! Anyone remember the same thing? Anyone have any better luck at finding it?

To clairfy a bit more what I am after: I get files from landscapers with new road layouts and such and they are schock-full with Z-heights, all typed out in MText. The files themselves have no Z-values on any objects. I want to take these Z-heights and get a point set at the insertion point of the Text, at the Z-height that the Text says. Makes sense?

Like I said, I am not asking for a routine like that - I am just so sure that I have seen it somewhere so I am asking for help with the Search.

Hi Tiger,

Maybe something like this?

(defun c:test ( / en i pt ss zv )

(if (setq ss (ssget '((0 . "TEXT,MTEXT"))))
   (repeat (setq i (sslength ss))
     (setq en (entget (ssname ss (setq i (1- i)))))
     (if
       (and (eq "TEXT" (cdr (assoc 0 en)))
         (or
           (< 0 (cdr (assoc 72 en)))
           (< 0 (cdr (assoc 73 en)))
         )
       )
       (setq pt (cdr (assoc 11 en)))
       (setq pt (cdr (assoc 10 en)))
     )
     (if (setq zv (distof (cdr (assoc 1 en))))
       (entmakex
         (list
           (cons 0 "POINT")
           (list 10 (car pt) (cadr pt) zv)
         )
       )
     )
   )
 )
 (princ)
)

It will work for Text/MText with any alignment. It will use your current settings for CLAYER/CECOLOR/CELTYPE/THICKNESS etc, however, the code could be altered to match these settings for the selected Text items.

Awesome Lee! Thanks a million!

The work-event (with beer) was an outing with my little part of the company into the woods for a High-rope course. We climbing about 15meters up a tree and "walked" across lines, poles, wires, ladder-esque things to the next tree - and the next tree - and the next... my arms hurt today I might add.

But I did get beer in the end :)

The work-event (with beer) was an outing with my little part of the company into the woods for a High-rope course. We climbing about 15meters up a tree and "walked" across lines, poles, wires, ladder-esque things to the next tree - and the next tree - and the next... my arms hurt today I might add.

Some people have all the luck :wink: and others have to work.

Some people have all the luck :wink: and others have to work.

All work and no play makes Tyke a sad Yorkshire :wink:

You're very welcome :)

That sounds brilliant - especially the beer part! :P

If you would drink the beer FIRST, the course would be much more challenging.

Or much more enjoyable... (un)fortunatly, there was a no-alcohol-policy on the course - even those that where done and on the ground had to be sober.