Arraying Block - Spiral Curve - Roller Shutter

nicolas

HI,

I want to draw a roller shutter with the blade block following a spiral path. Is there a lisp that can 1. draw such a spiral around a central axis of dia say 89 mm. 2. place and align the inter connected blades (by another joint block) i.e a spiral array

3. use dynamic block with parameters so that the rolling is seen.

I am looking for guidelines so that I can actually do that drawing and simulation.

Thanks.

Regards,

Nicolas.

First you can draw the spiral using the Helix command. Then you can use divide or measure to array the block on this spiral (I'd guess measure would work best). You might need to edit the block's definition to fine-tune the rotation, but this you can do after the helix & measure commands have completed.

Creating this as a DB is beyond Lisp. You will need to be able to make a new entity type - which is only possible in ARX (i.e. C++). It might be possible to generate the above programatically and have it update dynamically through mouse movement and the grread function, but then you can't use osnaps.

Thank you. Does anybody know anything relating to roller shutter drawing especially in autocad? I have google for such drawing with no result so far. It is clear that it will be difficult but I wish to know if someone has actually done such drawing or something of this calibre.

I doubt there's some generic program which would draw one for you on some specifications. Your best bet is to ask the manufacturer for some shop-drawings ... although you might be in the process of making these shop-drawings :wink:.

I was hoping to use dynamic blocks features to try some interesting simulation and one of them and the most challenging one was the design and simulation of blades rolling around a roller shutter. With the advent of parametric features (geometric and dimensional constraints) together with dynamic blocks and the new path add-on to array command in Autocad 2012, I was hoping to include the roller shutters in the domain of the possible. So far this is not the case.

• 10 months later...

First you should measure the size of your roller shutter and then measure the size of your place where you want to install your roller shutter and i think that You should be contact with a constructor who have a good experience in this field he will be solve your problem it is better for you and you can easily get your solution.

Shutters London

Edited by Nigel12