Extracting object data (LIST, ENTGET, etc)...?

lamensterms

Hey guys,

Ive got a 3D object which is not an ACIS solid (is a 3D object created by 3rd party software – ProSteel) and I would like to extract some data from it (diam/width).

I have done a little reading on this in the past – but now I cannot remember where I got the initial info from.

I think it had something to do with the ENTGET function – maybe? I remember I saw online somewhere a big list of all the ENTGET codes which could be used to extract the data…. But I cant remember where I saw it.

So, I have attached a JPEG of what was returned when I ran the LIST command on the object.

ListedObject.jpg

If anyone can please help me extract the required data from this object, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

You will probably find it all buried in "extended entity data" something I have not played with checked out the bible R12 lisp users guide and it has 5 pages just on this one subject.

From what I can gather the data has group codes of (-1 . 0-239)(-2 0 . 239) (-3 . 1002-1071) etc

Try (entget (car (entsel))'("acad")) select your object not sure if this will work. Will display group codes etc need help by someone who has played with 3d solids. I am interested also to find out length of a extruded part.

This should get you the entire entity definition including all xdata:

(setq ed (entget ename '("*")))

Deciphering the xdata can be a another matter all together. -David

hi guys,

after spending a while searching around for ways to get that data... im still having no luck. im struggling to remember that site which listed the options for this particular command - and i cant even remember the command needed.

Hopefully someone with the right know-how will spot this thread.

cheers.

Perhaps one of these will help:

Data Extraction

(vlax-dump-object T)

Otherwise, you're going to have to post a sample, as we're just shooting in the dark here.

And we don't like doing it in the dark. :D

:lol: LMAO!

I looked for a pic of that scene from "Memoirs of An Invisible Man" (at least I think that's the right movie!?), where they turned the lights off to do it, and he (Chevy Chase) puts on a florescent, glow int he dark "raincoat".

... But I couldn't find it. :(

Renderman there was another movie back in the 70's I think well known american actors maybe John Ritter was one ? the story was two men wanting the same girl, a scene saw the two men unkown to them in the same room in the dark awaiting the girl the term puts on a florescent, glow in the dark "raincoat" one had pink the other had blue, had a very different meaning in this movie and it was rated as general public viewing very funny scene.

Renderman there was another movie back in the 70's I think well known american actors maybe John Ritter was one ? the story was two men wanting the same girl, a scene saw the two men unkown to them in the same room in the dark awaiting the girl the term puts on a florescent, glow in the dark "raincoat" one had pink the other had blue, had a very different meaning in this movie and it was rated as general public viewing very funny scene.

That's the one! :D

SkinDeep.jpg

"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!"

1495704.jpg

(^^ Couldn't pass up an opportunity to make a SpaceBalls reference! Ehhehehehehe ^^)