Linetype Orientation

JORYROJ

Hi,

This is my first time to post in this forum, I've been reading your forum eversince the first time I've read it. got many tips and tricks and my Cad Works was never been the same.

I thank you all for that.

help please

Q:when I am using Polyline in customise linetype (with text), the text also rotates,W becomes M, so I still need to explode it then REVERSE, just to have a nice orientaion.

When I was in Australia, I have read a tip (LISP) in this forum corcerning linetype orientation, I've used it and it works.

My problem is I can't find it, hope you can help me with this.

thanks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ahankhah

• MarcoW

• JORYROJ

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi JoryRoj,

Welcome to CADTutor!

Are you looking for something like this?

Much credit to the Buzzard who helped me a lot in this one.

Kind regards,

MarcoW

Thank you MarcoW for the response,

I am laying out a drainage line that has this linetype, and all are in polyline.

I've attached here two figures, fig.1 is a polyline, if you notice the D when the polyline is going to the other way, the D also rotates, while in fig.2 both have the same standing D but it is exploded and have it reversed. We are using Autocad 2011.

can you help me with a lisp tha can automatically orient the polyline to have to have all the D's standing and/or on the right side.

any help will be much appreciated.

linetype.jpg

As far as I know it is not possible to reverse only some segments of a polyline.

Therefore it is a polyline. I have no solution for your problem, sorry.

Maybe others have an idea or workaround.

THis is odd! I have no solution for it but it seems that "native" autocad linetypes are beiing displayed correctly (horizontal aligned).

The vertical lines stay "upside down".

THis is odd! I have no solution for it but it seems that "native" autocad linetypes are beiing displayed correctly (horizontal aligned).

The vertical lines stay "upside down".

It doen't depend on the origin of linetype patterns. I remember that it was seen on a linetype made by myself.

From reading other posts on this problem, I believe that starting with AutoCAD 2012, complex linetypes that include text, have another factor that allows the text to be oriented.

Old linetypes would not have this extra written into the linetype definition, so would have to be revised.

From reading other posts on this problem, I believe that starting with AutoCAD 2012, complex linetypes that include text, have another factor that allows the text to be oriented.

Old linetypes would not have this extra written into the linetype definition, so would have to be revised.

Not correct!

I tested the status in AutoCAD 2011 and 2010. 2011 is like 2012, but 2010 doesn't show linetype orientation as mentioned above.

Not correct!

I tested the status in AutoCAD 2011 and 2010. 2011 is like 2012, but 2010 doesn't show linetype orientation as mentioned above.

Perhaps you would like to read this thread and then reconsider your statement. :shock:

That thread says that 2011 had the facility.

Perhaps you would like to read this thread and then reconsider your statement. :shock:

That thread says that 2011 had the facility.

eldon, my dear friend, "Not correct" is considering the version of AutoCAD you mentioned. I checked that in AutoCAD 2011 and 2012, which are the same.

I think that you are being patronising and not helping the OP.

What the OP needs to do is to check in the linetype definition, that the R code is replaced with a U code. Then all text will remain upright.

Perhaps you (Ahankhah) could do that and report back.

I think that you are being patronising and not helping the OP.

What the OP needs to do is to check in the linetype definition, that the R code is replaced with a U code. Then all text will remain upright.

Perhaps you (Ahankhah) could do that and report back.

You are right, I beg your pardon.

Thank you JOHTHEPOPE, but it's just like using REVERSE command.

I do remember that I got the Lisp in this forum when I was in Australia, last February, it was a shared by a lady in this forum also.

Thanks again guys, appreciate all the effort, but I will still dig from older discussion.

JORYROJ,

the link eldon introduced, shows the clue.

As you see in the picture, you can have both patterns in one drawing:

LineType-Orientations.png

I just added a pattern to the acadiso.lin (or acad.lin).

The original pattern of Hot_Water_Supply follows:

*HOT_WATER_SUPPLY,Hot water supply ---- HW ---- HW ---- HW ----
A,12.7,-5.08,["HW",STANDARD,S=2.54,[b][color=purple]U[/color][/b]=0.0,X=-2.54,Y=-1.27],-5.08

I added the pattern Hot_Water_Supply_Rotated as follows:

*HOT_WATER_SUPPLY_ROTATED,Hot water supply rotated ---- HW ---- HW ---- HW ----
A,12.7,-5.08,["HW",STANDARD,S=2.54,[b][color=purple]R[/color][/b]=0.0,X=-2.54,Y=-1.27],-5.08

Many thanks to my dear friend, eldon:D

We need to investigate the "A=0.0" option als, it makes the letters always rotate to zero degrees.

Only my text is now offset, I mean "not in thee line" but that will be a matter of trying I guess.