Mac AutoCAD LISP routine with no drive letter

pixel8er

Hi all

I have no experience with Mac and I'm wondering how to write a LISP routine that calls another LISP routine without being able to use a drive letter? - as I understand the Mac OSX has no drive letter assigned to it. What does the file path look like then?

Thanks

Paul

You may still be able to use those relative paths (i.e. ../ prefix from another). If you need to find out what it looks like on Mac type this into the acad command line:

(findfile "acad.cuix")

It should show the path to your user support folder. My guess is it's a url-like path (not having a bitten fruit with me at present :unsure:)

bitten-apple.jpg?w=232&h=254

... something like "//some arb lot of pseudo paths/yourfilename.ext".

So I'd suggest having some "known" path somewhere ... preferably in one of your support folders. Then use the findfile trick to get to it. BTW, findfile also works with relative paths:

(findfile "../Plotters/DWF6 ePlot.pc3")

Should give you the path to the DWF ePlot PC3 file which is one folder back from the user support path and then one folder up called Plotters. If you had a file called myFile.LSP in a subfolder of the user support called mySubFolder, then this would work:

(findfile "mySubFolder/myFile.LSP")

Trying to remember wrote a suite for the original mac version over 10 years ago and it worked the same as windows I am pretty sure we did nothing special, the install was a copy files rather than a auto routine. Rather than directories you have folders but they are basicly the same create a folder called "mylisps" put your lisps in their and add to your supportfile paths, then just (Load "myprog") as normal. It may be different now we did have to change our code slightly to work with the mac just some bug with MAC v's Windows lisp interpreter.

Like the suggestions above you can have paths /aasd/assd/myjob picking the brain now maybe instead of C: has Ferdpc/aasd/assd/myjob/

Bigal, just a query: Seeing as OSX is derived from BSD are the files / folders case sensitive? Is that one of the things you needed to adjust for use on the Mac?

Sorry dont know need a mac to find out.

Back to pixel8er did you try the "config" file support path bit then just a (load "myprog") should work.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay...got sidetracked working on other projects.

I haven't been able to check anything out yet as I don't own a mac. I'm going to do the install next week so will find out then. I've written the code using forward slashes so hopefully it all works

Hi ReMark

Thanks for the link. Yes setting up some AutoCAD tools and the client is on Mac. My experience is all windows

Regards

Paul

I showed them the list of exclusions from what the full windows version has and explained the repercussions but I think they were already sold on Mac. The lack of sheet set manager alone is huge. Add to that no design centre, tool palettes and dwf and that is reason enough not to go there for me.

I guess it's aimed mainly at concept design and design development due to the lack of documentation and CAD management tools.