What are the best ways to search answered Q in this site?

khoshravan

Most of my questions are general and I think they have asked before. So I prefer to use search box for answers. But to my surprise it doesn't return any result. My surprise become more when I use google and I see some of results are from Cadtutor site.

I think I am not using the search box of this site properly. I thought the search returns the result only from the subforum I am inside.

So I thought it is better to ask the folks here on how to search effectively.

TIA

I guess using the search box to figure out how to use the search box will not work.

Have tried clicking on Advanced Search under the search box and looking at the options

Can you give an example of what you are typing into the search box?

Don't remember at present but will post the next search.

the search box in vBulletin prefers single keywords and doesn't work on the same 'fuzzy logic' as Google does, so if you're typing sentences into the search box that could be the problem. It also doesn't work for words of three letters and less, and completely ignores commonly occurring words

the search box in vBulletin prefers single keywords and doesn't work on the same 'fuzzy logic' as Google does, so if you're typing sentences into the search box that could be the problem. It also doesn't work for words of three letters and less, and completely ignores commonly occurring words

Thanks. I was unaware of these points. What is the case two words like: "viewport scale"?

not sure yet just with them

Kind of brings this quote to mind.

Lawrence Taylor: Which brings me to my second point, kids. Don't do crack.

!. What does this mean?
I was just wondering the same thing. :?