fraction in kword

KrazyMann225

This may be a noob question but, I was wondering if it is possible (with relative ease) to use a fraction as a kword or do I have to go with the decimal equivalents.

This may be a noob question but, I was wondering if it is possible (with relative ease) to use a fraction as a kword or do I have to go with the decimal equivalents.

What result have your attempt(s) yielded (Post your code)?

Here's a simple example (no peeking!):

(initget 1 "1\\4\" 1\\2\" 3\\4\"")
(setq opt (getkword "\nEnter option [1\\4\"/1\\2\"/3\\4\"]: "))
(print opt)

well, i figured it out just before I discovered that you responded back all i needed to do was double backslash, i thought i had tried it but i think i was mistankly doing double forward slashs, for reasons inknow to me....im going to blame it on lack of sleep. But **** for $%#@ and giggles the winning code (for me) was :

(initget "Custom 1\\8 1\\4 3\\8 1\\2 3\\4 1 1.25 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4 5 6 8 10 12")
 (setq Nominal (getreal "Enter new nominal pipe diameter or [Custom/1\\8/1\\4/3\\8/1\\2/3\\4/1/1.25/1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5/4/5/6/8/10/12]: "))

well that's hilarious, I got that quote from someone off facebook! the quote is now redacted. you can now put down the bat.......put down the bat........oh god, hel.

well that's hilarious, I got that quote from someone off facebook! the quote is now redacted. you can now put down the bat.......put down the bat........oh god, hel.

I'm not even on Facebook, so I'm not sure who, how, why, etc... I'll have to investimagate.

There's no need to redact; I'm glad you like the quote.

I don't have a problem with your (or anyone else's) using it, just throw the attribution on there. :wink: It's one of the very few original thoughts I've ever had. You wouldn't use someone elses routine without doing the same.

Cheers! :beer:

The man who never made mistakes never made anything ! told to me by my grandfather died at 102 he had a good life and probably made the odd mistake.