what is cloud of tags and how can I use it?

khoshravan

I see the cloud of tags on the button of posts. I assume it is the most used tags in let say last 100 posts or days posts, but I am not sure if I am correct. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I know the meaning of tag. I think it turns good results when you are searching the whole CADTutor database. Before I was unaware that I can add tags to my post but recently I have discovered it and I add few tags (maximum 5 is allowed) to each of my questions.

Also what is its advantage and how one can utilize it?

Edited by khoshravan
add 2nd paragraph

Are you inquiring about "Similar Threads" as listed below?

Bellow similar threads there is tags, tags clods and search by tags. I mean this part

Oh wait a minute, Do you mean Similar Treads are collected by use of tags? Clever solution. Then using tags is a good way to show your questions on Similar Threads.

BTW, I think it is not possible to put tag in answers. Is it?

a "tag" is a keyword used in a search. In your example the "tag" is the word "cloud".

sorry i mean tag cloud.

One definition of a tag cloud can be found here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_cloud

Thanks. That was informative.

I'm puzzled as to why you are so hung up on tags. In the sense that tags are used here one is referring to a "keyword". If you click on View Tag Cloud you'll see a list of the 70 most popular "tags" used here at CADTutor. This list is called a "cloud" or at least that's the way I understand it. Can you put tags in an answer? Yes, I suppose you could but I could see where this might be frowned upon because it could be used to make a particular thread always be at the top of a search list no matter what the topic of that thread was about. It's not like there is a reward system here at CT where you score points for every time your thread appears at the top of a search. Can we get back to CAD related questions now?