NCOPY command

LISP2LEARN

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has a lisp routine for NCOPY with a little twist. Ncopy is great but itself but it takes forever to copy multiple entities. Is there a way to select entities via crossing window? Thanks.

Selection of nested entities via window selection is difficult and troublesome - the ssget function has the ":N" mode string for supposedly allowing selection of nested entities, but this is temperamental at best and rarely works.

My guess is that you would have to write your own nested selection function, which may be something along the lines of using getcorner or a grread construct to obtain a selection window from the user, detect any blocks within this window, iterate through the block definition of each of the selected blocks and, (perhaps using a transformation matrix), transform these objects to the selected block references to test whether they lie within the selection window.

I guess I'll pick, pick, and pick. Thanks Lee.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I welcome others to correct me should I have overlooked something.

If you have so many things to copy from your XRef to the parent DWG, just open the XRefed drawing and clipboard the items.

BTW, XOpen opened a selected XRef.

Yes, I've been doing that. It's just a burden always copying with base point and changing the layer of the entities. If I use ncopy, all entities will be on my current layer.

Thanks Alan, it just struck me. The answer is right in front of me. I'll just write a routine I mention above. Sometimes... I'm stupider than the stupid.

If you have so many things to copy from your XRef to the parent DWG, just open the XRefed drawing and clipboard the items.

BTW, XOpen opened a selected XRef.