Scale of Cells When Placing in drawings

Fastdraft

In some of my drawings when I place cells 1 to 1 they dont come in 1 to 1 even though in my Place Active Cell box it is set to 1.00000?

For example I am placing a component that measures .1457ft across in the .cel file. when i place it in a few of my drawings it places in at .0182ft. In other drawings it comes in correctly at .1457ft. Is there a setting somewhere that controls that? Or if i placed a cell in the passed that came in at .0182ft and I changed the scale but it has the same name, would that effect how it come in? I know it does in AutoCAD you have to purge out the old block. :?

Fastdraft, there is a check box in the Tool Settings window for "True Scale" (you may have to expand the dialog with the little black down arrow). Check "True Scale" OFF and that should take care of it. If you still have trouble let me know.

The reason that it may work in some drawing and not others is that the tool settings are stored in each file so it maybe already toggled off in some the drawings.

HTH,

Bob Mecham

Fastdraft, the tool settings window should appear when you select the place cell icon. Here is a screen capture it may look different depending on what version of v8 you are using. I am running V8i (SELECTseries 2).

placecell.jpg