pplot, save, close

pmxcad

Hello,

I have to plot about 750 drawings with no plotter setup en some are made in modelspace and some in layout.

So if i plot 1 drawing with manual plot settings and i use previous plot for the others.

Yes i have to open al the drawings once. Beacause some drawings are only in modelspace but the drawing is opened in layout.

I`am looking for a lisp that do a previous plot, saves and closes the drawing.

Thanks

No need for LISP... in the first drawing, add the page setups you require, then use the PUBLISH command to bring in your drawings, select all (Ctrl+A), then at the top, use the menu pull down to Import the desired Page Setup from the first drawing (usually at the top of the list in the drawing's directory).

Note - I'd recommend against doing all 7050 of them at once. ;)

Edit: I'd fix the typo, but it's funny, and I just don't care that much. LoL

Edited by BlackBox

No need for LISP... in the first drawing, add the page setups you require, then use the PUBLISH command to bring in your drawings, select all (Ctrl+A), then at the top, use the menu pull down to Import the desired Page Setup from the first drawing (usually at the top of the list in the drawing's directory).

Note - I'd recommend against doing all 7050 of them at once. ;)

Especially when there's only 750. :P

He He!

About the DWG's in Model Space: Are they always to be plotted at the same scale and window position? If not the Publish idea might just not work well on those. Also note a Page Setup for Model Space is not the same as one setup for Paper Space - you can't import one into the other.

I'd advise you (as RenderMan's tried to show ;)) to split your DWGs into groups of similar drawings. Then publish each group in one go. This would make for less hassles, you could go and adjust the Page Setup per one (or more) sheets in the Publish dialog - but IMO it's not too nice and could be a waste of time when crashes happen. Rule of thumb: don't go placing 100's of sheets in one Publish instruction, if something fails you might have to redo 100's again.

Also turn off the Plot / Publish in background: Options dialog --> Plot and Publish tab --> Middle Left (Background processing options) --> uncheck both Plotting & Publishing. Having them on could cause unexpected results.

Thanks for the reply.

I found a other way to do it. I got a X-Keys tablet and can programm key pressing macros. I made the following macro for this: pplotclose

It works but have to do for all the drawings. Gone try to make a script of this macro.

pmxcad

I found a other way to do it. I got a X-Keys tablet and can programm key pressing macros. I made the following macro for this: pplotclose

It works but have to do for all the drawings. Gone try to make a script of this macro.

:ouch: > :sigh:

[ATTACH]29288[/ATTACH] Here ya go.

Yep, that's it!

It'd be nice if David could add a 'Face Palm', or 'Forehead Slap' (as you've shown here) to the list of smilies...

Edit: ... And with that post, I am officially a 'Forum Deity' - Nothing if not ironic. 2funny.gif lmao

Edited by BlackBox