[Help] How can i decide which Vlr do in runtime ?

ketxu

Hi All :heart:

Please help me a problem.

I have some reactor function in one file.

The first time load lisp, i will decided which reactor to used follow a variable (call x) like :

(cond
   ((= x 1)(setq Reactor-Put1 (vlr-editor-reactor nil '((:vlr-commandended . Function1)))))
   ((= x 2)(setq Reactor-Put2 (vlr-editor-reactor nil '((:vlr-commandended . Function2)))))
   ((= x 3)(setq Reactor-Put3 (vlr-editor-reactor nil '((:vlr-commandended . Function3)))))
)

But value of x can be changed later when user choice other method (by a dialog). how can i watching x value to decided what to do next ?

Ex : default value of x is store in registry as 1. So the first time it will call function1 reactor. But then user change it value to 2. How can i run actor function2 and remove vlr funtion1:(

Have i make a temple function to call ?

Thanks all for reading :)

Have a look at the vlr function list there are a few functions to deal with reactors

Vlr-remove & vlr-reactors.

When dealing with reactors it’s a good idea to check and see if a reactor is loaded before calling it again.

If you call it twice there will be 2 instances of the reactor running

So in your cond statement you can use (if (not reactor-put1 (setq reactor-put1…………..

So if the user selects another reactor you need to unload the current one using

(if reactor-put1(vlr-remove reactor-put1))

From my experience reactors are hard to debug so you only want to load then once and remove them when done unless you want them to be persistent.