Help with creating a watertight mesh

Droidz

Hi everyone,

I'm going to admit now; I have absolutely zero experience with any CAD software. I have come to the need of using it as I am designing a small device for a Grade 12 biology project.

I drew out the part that i required to be 3D printed in google sketchup first, then exported to a format that autoCAD would accept so that I can convert it to .stl with my school's copy of cad, then use the file for 3D printing.

However, upon trying to do so, the software prompted me to check for watertight meshes and such. I have absolutely no idea what I am supposed to be doing, so if I may, could I get some help in this regard?

The drawing on CAD looks really messy as well; I guess it was the conversion process from sketchup to CAD.

Here is the file if anyone has the time to help me: http://www.mediafire.com/?ry1w6409ae31vn7

Thank you very much in advance!

Tiange

There is not any way in AutoCAD I can find to use your drawing to create a .stl. I will redraw it as a Solid when I get the time this morning.

What did you save as from sketch-up? Maybe you could post your sketch-up file? Several on here have sketch-up and that may be a better solution.

There is not any way in AutoCAD I can find to use your drawing to create a .stl. I will redraw it as a Solid when I get the time this morning.

What did you save as from sketch-up? Maybe you could post your sketch-up file? Several on here have sketch-up and that may be a better solution.

Hi SLW,

I have uploaded the sketchup file, as well as an .stl file that i exported using a plugin for sketchup that i just found. it looks fine to me, but that's with my untrained eyes. Hope you can help me with that! :) my main purpose for this is again for 3D printing, if that helps any.

Tiange

Housing.zip