How to have same distance in the Paper space?

Faouweb

So this is not a question pertaining to Inventor but to AutoCAD?

I don't see what the problem is. You can create multiple viewports in your layout and place them any way you choose. You have complete control over how far apart your objects are. Or set everyhting up the way you want it in model space (as far as the spacing goes) and use just one viewport in your layout to show all the views.

My question is - Why? Who cares? What about when you add dimensions?

Aesthetically pleasing placement that makes the drawing easy to read is the only requirement.

This sounds like a school assignment from someone who did all their work on the drawing board where up-front planning was required as it was not easy to move views after-the-fact. In modern CAD programs they can simply be dragged as needed.

If you can provide a good reason for exact placement - I can provide the solution, but I think it would be a waste of time and therefore a waste of company money.

Just use a reference line to line up the objects the same distance apart. Adjust their relative position in the viewports as necessary.

It is good practice and presentation I think to have it done like the OP wants.

Aren't two of those views redundant?

Well, one is anyway... and I really don't get the point of aligning plot views at certain distances!? It's really impractical...

KC

If you want to space things equally like this take a look at the XLINE command, particually the Offset option.

XLINE almost seems to be a 'forgotten' command, not many tutorials seem to contain it and it dosen't seen to be taught on most courses.

It is actually based on the way us old codgers used to lay thing out with construction lines when using a draughting board and pencil, nearly all fellow workers I have introduced to it use it all the time now, after all it was how drafters worked for a couple of hundred years before CAD came along.

The original post shows a pic in Inventor.

Unless I'm missing something the OP never clarified whether looking for a solution in Inventor or in AutoCAD. (and this is the Inventor forum)

There is no "xline command in Inventor.

It was just a question to display (centered on paper) parts of a small project in Inventor. As you said the important thing is to make the drawing easy to read.