Pasting from drawing goes to 0,0

Jack Brycki

I'm having a problem with copy & past. If I copy a set of items to past onto another drawing, they all gat placed on top of eachother at 0,0 (lower left corner)

Do I have a setting wrong? or is their a fix?

NEED HELP!!

MORE INFO

What I have is .dwg (detail print) for inspection dept. my detail print needs to be "bubbled" with numbers to track data. I keep a .dwg (bubbled templet) that has all my numbers 1 thu 150. when I am ready to add inspection layer to detail print I open (bubbled temp.) highlite (pick) all then rigth click (copy). I then open detail .dwg and past (bubbles) to move into needed position. in inventor 2011 this worked fine, now in 2012 when I PAST the bubbles they all past to 0,0 on top of each other. instead of staying seperated as they had before.

right now I have alot of insp to do.

Thanks

Edited by Jack Brycki
more info

I don't use Inventor but can you copy with a base point and then paste using that same base point?

Copy with base point 0,0,0 and then paste with base point 0,0,0 perhaps?