Can I Supress Dimension Attachment Errors?

dennerj

Sometimes I replace a model reference on a 7 page drawings and 90% of the dimensions get detached and turn magenta in color. This is not a problem for the most part and I expect it to do this. What annoys me is when I go to reattach I get an error saying the other side is unattached. Is there a way to suppress this? Right now I just keep hitting right arrow, enter. Auto reattach does not work most of the time. I know how to avoid this from happening but sometimes I have to replace models that were modeled from other folks so the features are not the same. And in my case re-dimensioning is actually slower. So please keep suggestions to how to suppress the error. :) Thanks all!

I didn't search through the list (the are in alphabetical order if you know the exact phrase) but if it is in the list you can turn it off by going to Tools>Application Options>Prompts tab and right click on Always and set to desired state.

Thank you for the quick reply JD. However I’ve looked through the prompts before and I just did again to make sure. I don’t see anything related to dimensions in the prompts.

Change Linear Dimension Center: problems encountered while executing this command. -> One or more of the definition points are no longer attached to the geometry. Drag the dimension definition points to reattach the dimension.

It’s probably something I’ll have to deal with but I thought I’d try to see if there was a work around.