Create a Drawing - Viewports problem

gnusselt

I am new in Inventor.

I created a simple model. Then i tried to get a drawing of it.

I can't get the axes orientation right. The model CreateDrawing Environment is rotated and i can't get it right in view.

I mean when i create a base view , whatever view i choose the model looks rotated in the view. As you see from the picture that's not a "front view". I expect the "front view" to show me the model colored in red, nicely horizontal.

How can i point to Inventor which view is what ? In CreateAssembly environment the model in "Home View" looks weird rotated too.

I assume the problem starts from the CreateAssembly procedure, though i am not sure. Anyway, what can i do to fix that ?

Thank you for your help.

drawing1.jpg

Two things you can do -

1. It is an assembly - one of the parts was propbably originally Grounded and you ungrounded it messing things up.

You can fix by adding Mate-Flush constraints between one of the part workplanes (xy, yz, xz) and the assembly workplanes.

or

2. Use the View Face tool in the assembly environment to line up your view parallel to the screen and then usen the Current view in idw environment to start placement of your views.

or

3. Attach your assembly here so that someone can see what you did to it. (this is a common beginner problem)