decals disappearing when scaling using derived part

rogle

Hi

Im trying to create a derived part so i can scale up a part but every time I do the decals that I have on the part disappear and cannot be found in the design tree. is there any way round this?

Thanks

Also iv noticed that they do not show up on showcase when im trying to render assemblies. is there maybe another way of getting a .jpeg image onto a part so it would show?

• 10 months later...
Hi

Im trying to create a derived part so i can scale up a part but every time I do the decals that I have on the part disappear and cannot be found in the design tree. is there any way round this?

Thanks

I'm now running into this as well. I first had problems with decals in assemblies at all- then I discovered putting the .bmp file in the same folder as the .ipt allowed the assembly to bring in the decal.

Now, though the decal is disappearing when making an iPart - regardless of where the .bmp file is. Unless there is another answer out there, I think the only solution is to create separate parts and assemble them?

• 8 years later...

Hi everyone,

this is unfortunately a limitation of the inventor. We try to adress this topic in the Autodesk Ideation plattform:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/derived-parts-with-decals/idi-p/7723983

Every Inventor/Autodesk license that votes the idea up, is deeply appreciated.

Thanks!