Motion Constraint in Assembly

nicolas

Hi,

Can anybody help me please with motion Constraint in assembly? I have two representative board that I want to see slide on a L-type track. The common mate/flush constraint won't do the job as it will also restrict movement.

I am also looking for a way to automatically turn off all planes instead of right clicking one by one and turn off visibility. Furthermore, being able to assign colors to them to differentiate between planes of different parts/different purpose will be great.

Slidding Experiment.pdf

Regards,

Nicolas.

dormant 01.ipt

remp 01.ipt

What version of Inventor?

Later versions allow constraint within range of motion.

Earlier (or later) versions use Contact Sets and Contact Solver.

To turn off all planes to to the View tab and object visibility - take note of the hotkey combination.

I seldom have workplanes visable (they can be used whether visible or not).

I noticed that your sketches are not constrained and not using obvious symmetry about the origin - I recommend you read this document http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

Edited by JD Mather

Hi,

Is it the

There is a Contact Solver in Inspect|Contact Solver.

I will check again the Origin issue with the PDF document that I have already downloaded sometimes ago under your guidance. I thought to have carry out this with the first extrusion set to "symmetric" but it seems there is more to it.

Thanks you very much.

Regards,

Nicolas.

Hi,

Is it the

I thought to have carry out this with the first extrusion set to "symmetric" but it seems there is more to it.

Yes (so you propbably won't fool with Contact Sets unless you want to verify the motion of one part comming in contact and moving another part).

The way I read it you just want to limit the motion.

I saw that you did not use the projected origin.

On one of your parts you didn't use symmetrical extrusion and then created an extra workplane not needed if you had.

When in an active part sketch - right click and select Show all Degrees of Freedom (DoF), you should NOT see any red arrows. (you can also look in lower right corner of screen - it should say Fully Constrained.