Inventor running very slow

sadil

Have there been any issues with inventor running very slow? All I was doing was trying to rotate a simple 2D shape. My machine isn't the most powerful out there, but it def. isn't the crappiest either. I know AutoCAD had some graphics acceleration which was slowing everything down. Does Inventor have any extra options which I can turn off or users have turned off in the past? Thanks.

Sarosh

Computer specs are attached. As for other programs, I am just running Microsoft Powerpoint and a Firefox browser with a couple tabs. The object I was trying to work with is also attached if anyone wants to experiment.

It was an AutoCAD file of an airfoil. To get the shape of an airfoil, hundreds of little straight lines were used to create the curvature. I was suspicious that this might also be the problem (due to so many lines and points), as I would have preferred to have the shape with a single poly line, but I didn't draw it, I downloaded the DWG file and a member copy and pasted it into Inventor for me. (Background on this here --> http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?63178-Inventor-Extrusion-Problem&p=430935#post430935)

Thanks.

Sarosh

wing_section_profile.ipt

Computer Specs.jpg

Graphics Specs.jpg

Edited by sadil
Spelling and Grammer + Additional Details

I do have the same sentiments...:(

PC specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2 (3790.srv03_sp2_gdr.101019-0340)

Processor: Intel® Pentium® III Xeon processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 8190MB RAM

Display: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700

Display Memory: 512.0 MB

And almost everyday I encounter CRASHES...

Two users. Software: Inventor 2012 and Inventor 2010 Suite. One says Inventor is slow and the other says he is experiencing almost daily crashes.

Have either of you downloaded and installed any updates?

Are either one of you working with large assemblies?

... hundreds of little straight lines were used to create the curvature. I was suspicious that this might also be the problem [/url])

Sarosh

Garbage in = garbage out. You want this as one curve. I will post example if I get a chance. Keep in mind that the best curve has as few points as possible.

Right mouse button while editing your sketch and select Show All Constraints. (a thousand coincident constraints? not good?)

Edited by JD Mather