Break out view boundary

Enfiel3D

Greetings!

Break out view functionality in Inventor possesses one rather unpleasant feature - its boundary is rather firmly set to be thick. It creates a lot of problems for me, because in Russian drafting standard it's supposed to be thin, and I cannot leave it thick for it would create a lot of confusion. I therefore forced to manually set it to be thin (in my case 0,18 mm).

It is where the problems start. Even if I set it to be 0.18 mm, after any update it gets back to 0.35 again. When I right click it and select properties, it nonetheless shows 0.18, but it takes to close the window for it to return to 0.18 width. I tried to move it to different layers, but it didn't help. It appears to be a software bug!

Is it possible at all to force break out view boundary to be always of the same (thin) width?

I can, but not right now, for I am away from Inventor.

But that is rather easy to make up, just create break out view on any part, even single solid block will do.

Update: I guess in ANSI drafting standard break out boundaty should be the same thickness as the main line - right? Perhaps that's the reason this feature is faulty, nobody ever noticed that in the USA.

I am sorry for the false alarm. :shock: The problem was with the wrong setting in the Obejct Defaults. I was dead sure that break out boundary is set to "Visible narrow", and never checked. :twisted: When I finally checked the setting, it turned out to be set to "Visible". When I changed it to what I need, it started to behave in a proper way. :)

There is NO bug.