Adding density

IronHorse

I need a quick way to understand the weight of my objects. It is easy to define

different densitys for different material. But I noticed that I am not able to allocate material/densitys for solids. It works for parts only? Is there any way to solve this. I work mostly with solids, not so happy to Make Components just to achieve this.

But I noticed that I am not able to allocate material/densitys for solids. It works for parts only?

I don't understand what this means? Can you attach an example here? Parts are solids? (or should be)

Would anyone mind expanding this thread a bit to ask the same question for AutoCAD 2010? I see in the mass properties that they list a 1:1 correspondence between the volume and the mass; that is, everything weighs 1 unit of weight per 1 unit of volume.

I can't understand for the life of me why CAD reports the two values but (seemingly?) without a way to input density.

AutoCAD does not assign material mass to parts. (everything is "water" in AutoCAD) You will have to figure it out based on volume and material properties.