How do I make config's of a frame??

rdharvey

I have a frame consisting of 4 members that was produced with a skeletal sketch and the frame generator.

I want to make this part either have a table driven amount of configs at different sizes.

Or a custom spec form when it is entered into an asm... i think this could be done with i logic?

I have made configs of other files but they where parts so i used the iPart function.

Any help would be great :)

I am using IV 2011 Pro

frame.png

Are you familiar with making iParts?

Add parameter names to your skeleton dimensions.

Attach assembly here. (oops - never mind, I'm using 2012)

I have just come back to using IV after being on SW based job.

I've not realled used the iassembly function much.

i have made a skeletal part(with named dims). brought it into the asm environment. Populated it with frame generator.

Now i was to make either configs of the frame of so i can type in the sizes needed when its inserted into an asm.

There seems to be some strange stuff about this file.

First of all I would (almost) never use a 3D sketch for a frame skeleton (too hard to control).

If I did use 3D sketches - I would first create 2D sketches from which the 3D sketch would then be created for easy control.

I have no idea where to take your file from here, not the technique I would use.

Oh, and this sketch is all 2D anyhow - why create as 3D?

If you create the skeleton as an iPart you can then set up a table of possible sizes. (this is the simplest form - you could go further with iLogic if needed)

iPart Skeleton.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure i did a 2d sketch... the part i have here is 2d i think i sent you the wrong one. apologies.

Never the less thanks for the screen shots, but will this then make my populated frame changeable when added into another asm? or isit just the skeletal sketch to produce different models?

Hopefully i will be able to bring the populated frame into my main asm's and select the size needed at that point.

Regards,

Rob