auto linework

BUDUSBOXX

can anyopne tell me ho wto set up land desktop to get the auto lineowrk to come up on a specific layer? the points come up on thelayers dicteated by the point description key, but i can't figure out how to get the lineowrk on a particular layer.

Would somone be willing to explain auto line work to me. I am currently researching how I may be able to write a LISP routine in order to have majority of my survey line work done with either a simple command or close to automatically.

Is it possible to create lines by point code/decription rather than actually picking the point?

Or maybe there is already a command that automates line work according to point code that I dont know about.

So without having one of those programs it isnt possible to draw lines just by using the code attached to points? Therefore pretty much impossible to automate your line work without one of these? I have Land Development 2005 and also Autocad 2000 without any add ons, just to clarify. Sorry if my questions are elementry to you guys but I am just beginning to use Autodesk for land surveying and am just trying to come up with a way of making everyting run as efficently as possible. Thanks to all that respond.

Ok, so you have LDT2005, you will need Autodesk Survey to automate the linework. An alternative is Carlson Survey Desktop (An Autodesk Survey competitor)

Either will let you automate the linework. CSD is much easier IMO

Thank you very much fo rthe info. This will save me a great deal of time knowing what you have inormed me of.

Will I still have to wtite a Lisp sequence with either of these programs or do they come with an automated command already within the program?

I have found the answer to my question:) Thanks again rkmcswain for all of the info. I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more througout the forums. I'm glad to of found this place. thanks again.

-nick

• 3 years later...

Hello SKURVEYER, I am running LDD 2008 and trying to figure out the same thing.What did you come up with.I'm in Phoenix. Thanks, rlshound

rishound: The last post by SKURVEYER was almost four years ago. Notice too that he had all of 5 posts. I'm pretty sure you won't be hearing back from him. Have you tried the AutoDesk Discussion forums as suggested by rkm?

Thanks ReMark, ....where is the date of the thread shown? I'll try the Autodesk discussion groups...whose woods these are I think I know...Frost