missing point

rdharvey

orange point is missing fro ma sketch ... how do i get it back? i know this is a simple question but i just can't remember how to do it!

I think what you are referring to is a coincident constraint.

No not a constraint. Basically i have started a new job and all the auto cad user delete the origin point when they have started a new sketch. Thus making the sketch under defined.

IE when you start a sketch there is a point isnt there? Well this can be deleted and has been on many models. How can i get it back?

yeah it comes in as standard. its just the autocad boys leave everything floating and un-constrained. Thanks :)

Ask them if the machinist out on the shop floor can get away with that.

Ask them if the machinist out on the shop floor can get away with that.

lol good idea actually! :)

every model i have opened has green sketches everywhere! gonna take ages to go through every thing and sort it out lol. Don't wanna look at the asms!

Start dimensioning stuff till you find a really oddball dimension.

Ask them how the person out on the shop floor would view that dimension.

Loosing respect out on the shop floor is nearly impossible to get back - they will go out of their way to point out all of your mistakes to the boss.

On the other hand,

Get a reputation of doing most things right - and when they find a mistake or something missing they will let you know without ever saying anything to the boss.

Start dimensioning stuff till you find a really oddball dimension.

Ask them how the person out on the shop floor would view that dimension.

Loosing respect out on the shop floor is nearly impossible to get back - they will go out of their way to point out all of your mistakes to the boss.

On the other hand,

Get a reputation of doing most things right - and when they find a mistake or something missing they will let you know without ever saying anything to the boss.

This.

A drafter is only going to look as good as his fabricators allow him to look. You screw them over, and they will pay you back. You take care of them, and life becomes much easier.