How to constraint hole position with changing part length.

John Welson

Hi all....

I'm a self taught user of Autudesk Inventor 2012 and works in a the aluminium curtain wall industry. I've just started using Inventor for curtain wall manufacturing and encountered a problem with constraining hole position.

I have a extruded hollow section with 2 bracket holes on the side. My design requires that these holes are positioned at a certain distance away from one end of the hollow. When I use iCopy, the length of the hollow will change according to the curtain wall module but I can't seem to constraint the bracket hole position which has to be at a certain distance away from one end of the hollow.

Can anyone help me? Your guidance is very much appreciated.

Lastlly, can someone tell me whether is there any online course or forum specializing in Inventor for curtain wall industry.

Thanks very much

John Welson

An assembly (*.iam) without parts (*.ipt) is useless. An assembly file is simply a record of hyperlinks to ipt files and a list of assembly constraints. Note the tiny size of that file!