Pipe Design - Kudu Horn

reganj

Hello,

I am new to Autodesk Inventor and unsure if the following is possible. I would like to design a pipe in the shape of a kudu horn or shofar (see attached). The cross section of this pipe is approximately elliptical/egg shaped and its inner diameter decreases along the longitudinal axis. The pipe is then wrapped around another imaginary cone.

Kudu Horn.jpg

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kindly, Jordan

A contributor from the Autodesk forum sent the following attachment to me. I have been playing with it and trying to mimic what he/she has done. I am on a 30 day trial and just learning this program for the first time.

kudo horn test.ipt

Kindly,

Jordan

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am looking for a whorl-pipe, which is egg-shaped an in the form of a kudu horn. Can you please take a look at my picture and tell me if you can build me this one, because i need this pipe design for a little prototyp and they need a 3D-CAD-model.

Can you help me please?

Greetings from Germanykudu.jpg

No, i was a student for engineering studies before 3 years. Now i am a physics lab assistant. A few days ago, i had a nice contact with someone of a prototype manufacturing and they said to me that i just have to give them a cad-model and the construction material and then they sinter my work piece. Since 3 years i reconstruct some gadgets from "Schauberger`s mind" and now it`s time for something bigger. So would you please help me?

Greetings from Germany

• 3 weeks later...