How do I Draw a Conveyor Belt in Inventor?

mechanicaldesigner

I have little experience working in inventor but sufficient to design all the components of a belt conveyor.

I work in the design of belt conveyors for mining industry ,now I do my design drawings in autocad however I am treating to do all design in Inventor.

I hope that using Inventor I will can design quickly and avoid errors.

but for now I dont have an idea how to model the profile of the belt.

I dont know what is the best method to model the belt; I can draw a plane profile but when belt pass for 35° idler or transition idler or when pass to pulley (drive or tail).

I dont have idea how to do this.

Someone can give a path or where can I read about this particular application.

splitter.PNG

You will want to learn about Sweep.

You haven't stated what version of Inventor you are using?

You might start here

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

I have several former students who design exactly what you describe (conveyor belts for mining industry).

Hi JD,

Have many of your students used dynamic simulation for the conveyor designs? I'm currently trying to figure it out on how to get the belt rotating round the rollers and having the product move...

Do you have any tutorial material on this sort of thing?

I have attached an image of the sort of thing i am doing in IV. We are no longer using the switch mechanism. essentially the belt on the top right will osscilate back and forth to let the product fall on to the lower conveyor.

I want to use simulation to see how the product will react to this scenario and if we have enough time with the top conveyor moving.

Let me know your thoughts?

• 9 years later...