Cut-Mesh Problem!

Rewind23

Hi i am currently in the process of exploring new 3d software and i am currently learning new things in 3ds max.everything went well..until i encounter this kind of problem. im modelling a car in 3ds max...its a mesh modelling..the problem is when i cut portion of the mesh (under the "edge") the cut will automatically snap on the existing edges...i dont know how this is happening..ive tried exploring the UI but none of it helps..its like some kind of "SNAP" setting is active..but really i have no idea...before i can use the cut tool..but now im stuck...your advice is appreciated.thanks in advance! i attached a screenshot for you to identify the problem...the red lines is supposed to be the cut(so i can move the mesh and get the angle i want on the front portion of the car) the green line is the problem..it just snap on the existing edges whenever i start the cut tool... :(

3dsmaxscreenshot.jpg

If you don't have snaps enabled then I'm not sure why it's snapping? Having you tried closing and restarting Max?

Also, you might want to try working in editable poly mode rather than editable mesh. If your object is an editable poly you will have many more tools and options available, such as the connect tool: http://3dguru.wordpress.com/2007/05/14/tiptrick-edge-connect-and-loop-is-a-huge-modeling-time-saver/

Hey Cad64, i read the link about the editable poly..il give this a try....thanks! your the man! about the snap i don't have any active snap thats why im also wondering how this is happening..will also try restarting max..will give you update regarding this...

Hey Cad64, i was able to figure out the problem about the snapping...i noticed my left viewport was set to "orthographic" thats why its just snaps on the edges...when i set it to left view it didnt snap anymore..anyway, thanks for the time..here is the progress of my 3d modelling..im also studying the editable poly..

@raudel- i will try to learn the editable poly. thanks

3dsmax-car.jpg