need some help expanding my education

Moldy

I am new to the inventor 2012 software and would like to know if there are any good sites or FREE books i can get to help me learn more about this software, I have to keep pushing forward with it and have not been able to find much. I am looking for something that is going to show me how to make things parametric, so when i draw a cabinet or fixture i can have it adjusted with out having to break the assemble all the way apart. I think this is called iparts / iassemblies, not to sure, tat is why i am reaching out for some help.

thanks for the help.

You will need to know the basics on sketching etc before you leap into parameters.

Try looking through JD's web page http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm

he has a lot of useful stuff on there and no doubt would point you in the right direction. :)

Or have you tried libraries? or searching the internet? There are tons of tutorials on the internet.

You don't say where you are located but if you are in the U.S. I would check around at your local community college or any nearby college and see if they offer a full-fledged Inventor course. The other option would be to contact your local AutoDesk reseller. Sometimes they too offer training. The "free" route will only take you so far. What you don't want to do is acquire any bad habits early on that will hamper your ability to use the software in the most productive way.

I totally agree with you remark.

It is most annoying picking up work of others who have used bad practice due to learning via youtube & not supporting that content with a good book.

I am currently looking for just some books to help me learn more about the iparts and things like that, i have gone to classes for most of the stuff but i was laid off and need to get my skills up so that way i can get a job with ease.

thanks for all the good advice and links, i will be looking around here for some classes and or online classes that will help me learn more.