IVNGWC Ring Helix 3D Sketch

williamS

Hi all. Working through the achives of IVNGWC and working on the ring helix from September 2004. Followed exactly the sketch of the spline (I hope) but can't seem to get the 3D sketch (include geometry) to work. The correct version is Marcel Klay's and mine is WS-09-2004. Any help greatly appreciated. Is it my spline settings?

WS-09-2004.ipt

September04_Marcel Klaey.ipt

No. If I didn't get a correct intersection the spline wasn't fully constrained and I could see where a point had been missed. Thought it might be something to do with projecting cut edges but tried otherwise and still same problem which seems focused on the upper three sections. I've compared my constraints with Marcel's and I can't see a difference.

Further to below. The problem seems to appear wherever I start the spline from. Just drew the spline starting from the six o'clock position and the problem occurs at the bottom three sections.