Inventor pro piping catalog

jjjcost

Im going into a new portion of my career entering inventor and was wondering what was avaliable as far as a piping catalog, I am attempting to create high quality high detail models for a pump skid that we are creating.

Thanks, John

It's pretty thorough.

One of the first things that I did with Inventor was a new makeup water system for a power plant, all the way from the RO system through the storage tanks, demin bottle skid, demin and makeup pumps, and ending up at the condenser. I didn't need to make any pipe pieces myself (it was a mix of carbon, stainless, and PVC), but I did need to come up with a few valves. The valves that are included tend to be fairly standard types. If you want something special, or an automated valve, that sort of thing, you'll probably have to make it yourself, unless the company makes them available online. Some do, though, so you might get lucky.

will be recieving a workstation with inventor professional tomorrow, as far as the creation of a parametric part im assuming its going to work similar to autocad mep mvpart creation?

Thanks that will really help! I have used it a couple times but that was inventor fusion that was packaged with 2012 mep but that was just me toying around with it seeing how the interface is and such. I generally do alot of 3d drawings on cad such as compressors, fittings, skids and so on. Wonder how large of a diffrence its gunna be.

Thanks, John