Inventor 2010 pro Studio animation

albroswift

First of all, great forum, been a big help since I found it.

Started with the inventor 2010 about a week ago, (acad experience since DOS)learned part making, constraints, etc. Up against a wall with the studio animator however.

Created an assembly, Crank/ Rod/ Piston, constrained it, made a nice little animation in studio, and rendered a video:

After, I add an eccentric (cam), valve, and gears; assembly still works great when animated in model space? with mouse, but in studio animation, the eccentric turns in reverse, and the gears just flutter incoherently.

Zip files attached of assembly and parts. (Several files due to upload limits)

Been pounding my head against this for a couple of days, please help.

Thanks--

Al

eccentric2.zip

Part6.zip

pillow.zip

rod.zip

eccentric1.zip

OK, I'll take look at your cheat sheet, as far as "in the end", thought that was what I was doing. It was working until I added additional components. I'll pick up a lot of this through trial and error, just ran into this one issue so far that I didn't think could be blamed on "poor workflow", but quien sabe?

Thanks--

Al

So...

I hate finding these posts when I search the internet that have no solution, so for those of you like me, I'll post mine.

It seems, possibly due to my inexperience, that the rotational motion constraints when on the same axis worked inconsistantly when opening in studio. Changed the motion>rotational to an Assembly>angular, that made the eccentric rotate correctly in studio, as well as an added bonus, allowed me an easy way of "Timing" the valve assembly, simply changing the angle. As far as the gears, that didn't work with when using the gears as a sub assembly, but worked fine when placing each gear as an .ipt.