Huge problem with Motion Constraint in assembly

the_system

Hi people, it's me again.

I'm having a lot of trouble with setting up the motions in my assembly, I have been working on it for nearly a week this one problem....

Anyway as you see on the image below, Object 'A' is supposed to follow the path 'B' when you spin the big back wheel. Object 'A' following the path 'B' results in object 'C' spinning as well on an eccentric center. I've tried to design the path so that object 'C' does 4 full revolutions for every 1 the big wheel does. When I apply the motion constrain and set it to 4 ratio, it doesn't follow it correctly, I have tried to apply the constraint many different ways and I found setting it to 4.35 ratio lets 'A' follow for a while but still goes out from the path eventually... I cannot figure this out

I have attached the project files and feel free to edit them all you want to get my desired motion, even changing part sizes and etc. It really doesn't matter what the sizes are I just need it to work. I am using Inventor 2012

Thanks for all the help

New.zip

New2.zip

image.jpg

Edited by the_system

The parts that I have weren't drawn by me. I will now redraw all the parts so that they are constrained. I hope I don't do all this for nothing...

Why would not constraining your sketches affect the motion constraint in the assembly? the parts are the size they need to be and the rest is assembly constraints?

NOTE: I have editing the original post and reworded it, because I think how it was would have confused people

Constaining the sketches should not have anything at all to do with the motion - but in my experience those who aren't doing something as basic as constraining their sketches aren't ready to move onto motion.

I have redrawn all the parts now with full sketch constraints, I reassembled the parts and re-constrained them in the assembly, And I still have the exact same problem.....

I thought this might happen and you even admitted as well that sketch constraints should not have anything to do with assembly motion constraint

I have to say, did you read the part about me saying that those parts weren't drawn by me.

I need some help with the motion constraint and setting the right motions in the assembly, could anyone help me with that please. My problem description is in the first post

I have attached the new parts that have all sketches fully constrained

2.zip

1.zip

Assembly.zip

Wouldn't the Scallop housing be grounded - that is stationary?

Do you have Inventor Professional with Dynamic Simulation?

I would have used the CAM Generator to create the 4 lobes in Scallop rather than the imported spline.

The scallop is supposed to be spinning based on the movement of the rollers, it should do 1 revolution for every 4 the drive shaft does.

I have inventor professional with dynamic simulation, is this the solution to my problem?

I have tried to make the 4 lobes using cam generator,I have input all the right data but it just doesnt give me the right curve, I made it harmonic. I found making the curve manually gave me the best fit. The rollers are supposed to be tangent to both the lobes and the bearing/drive shaft. But anyway it doesn't matter because as long as I get the motion right that will be enough.

I don't think you can have it mathematically perfect enough to be tangent to both - so my thinking right now is using contact joints in Dyanmic Simulation.

This will allow clearance between parts (which is more like the real world anyhow).

Thank you so much W_Holzwarth for helping me out heaps, You seem to have solved it perfectly, I have been stuck with it for a while and was feeling down. All I really needed help with was with the motion constraints