Re-constructing a Software Deployment?

Bishop

Okay, so my company just bought me a new workstation, but after having it in their hands for a week before sending it to me, the IS people somehow decided not to pre-load it with the software we actually use. So, it made it to me out here, but for some reason the software deployment manager won't install Inventor. The IT guys say that there's a problem with inherited permissions and they don't know how to fix it. Because we're on a subscription, they say that I can't simply install locally from a trial disk and then add the license files - I guess it has to be installed from the deployment that they've got built. (But which appears to be defective, from where I'm sitting, since after two days they haven't been able to un-eff it enough to install.)

SO, what I'm wondering is this: is there any way that I can somehow re-juggle this deployment to make it install from just the local files? I've got all the .ini's, and quite honestly I don't understand why it won't just install over the network from the deployment. Everything seems to be right. It just gets through the "Setup Initialization / Setup is Initializing ..." window, and then when the green bar hits the end, it all goes away.

Any suggestions? Any known way to strip the license info from the deployment and use with physical media instead? Any way to create a new .ini file that will point to all the local files instead of the remote ones?

You can view/edit the INI files with Notepad.

As far as the rest of your problems...I have no clue. My IT department had issues with AutoCAD 2012 Full installation on my computer. They uninstalled 2007 LT and put the full version of 2012. It wouldn't open under my Power User account but would work if I was an Admin. So they eventually uninstalled, wiped any and all traces of Autodesk products on my computer and as well as in the registry. Now it's working just fine as me being a Power User.

I don't know if the above is a similar issue to yours but it may help...