multiple line selection

hahoka1777

Is it any mouse function (like windows square over selected lines) for multiple selection? It is very tiring to select all lines one by one pushing Ctrl.

I need that for further function as mirroring.

thanks.

Use a crossing window. Pick to the right of your objects, move left and pick, anything crossing or included in the window will be in the selection set.

You can also type a C after starting a command to have crossing work. Also F for Fence, etc. Look down at the command line after starting the mirror command, type ?, enter, see your options for selection.

You can also type a C after starting a command to have crossing work. Also F for Fence, etc. Look down at the command line after starting the mirror command, type ?, enter, see your options for selection.

Inventor doesn't have a command line?

Window and Crossing window or Ctrl select works. (see Tip # 28 )

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

Edited by JD Mather

Well, i have exactly the opposite problem, i am constantly selecting multiple items...

I haven't decided if i like it yet or not (this was not purposely)

I had to format, got a SSD and... well every time i select something and than another (not holding ctrl or shift) i am selecting both, i have to shift click to unselect. I was use to the drag right for full objects in box and draw left for touching objects...

How do i toggle this mode?

Also there is a like excel spreadsheet you can attach keys or change hot keys? Anyone know where it is or how to get to it?

- Thanks.

Well, i have exactly the opposite problem, i am constantly selecting multiple items...

Also there is a like excel spreadsheet you can attach keys or change hot keys?

I don't understand Q1

for Q2 see http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2006/MA13-3%20Mather.pdf

you can export the settings to an xml file if you use multiple machines.

well,

i click a line... it displays dashes like its selected and has the pick boxes middle top and bottom... without pressing anything on the keyboard i select another line. Previously the first would be de-selected and the second would be selected.. at this point both are selected....

i repeatedly delete something and don't realize i deleted other lines as well cause its selecting multiple items i have to escape to clear the selection to only delete the one..

Then why didn't you start a new thread in the AutoCAD beginner section of this forum?

Why did you add your question to someone else's question when you problem wasn't even the same?

pickfirst = 0

pickadd = 0

I have never been in the Auto Desk Inventor Section, i have stuck to the Beginners Section. Someone moved it after my original post and im following email links...

ty anyways though.