Inventor 2012 Freezes when clicking I Pro

nettechguy

we have brand new high powered computers (Intel core i7) with 8 gig memory and on 1 computer inventor will open fine, you can draw or do whatever you want except when you click on the I Pro icon in the top left of the page the the program will just stop, so far I have unistalled, restarted, reinstalled and still get the same error,

imported configurations from a know good computer but nothing is helping.

and we are using 32bit os windows 7 (I know 32 bit why have 8 gig mem, just the way it isand we aren't going to 64 bit at least this year)

You should have asked questions before uninstall/reinstall.

Did you install with antivirus (inculding TSR) turned off?

Did you install with UAC turned off?

Does it actually freeze or does it shut down?

What happens if you don't click on the big I?

both were off, and if you don't click the big I everything works fine, and it just freezes and after a minute or so the screen goes gray

You should have asked questions before uninstall/reinstall.

Did you install with antivirus (inculding TSR) turned off?

Did you install with UAC turned off?

Does it actually freeze or does it shut down?

What happens if you don't click on the big I?

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the debounce in the mouse - try a different mouse on this machine.

In any Windows program if you double click on that big upper-left corner icon - that closes the program.

Try it - in MS Word or Excel.

I'm thinking a sensitive mouse is actually seeing a single click on the big I as a double click and therefore closing the program.

Oh wait, you say "goes gray" not closes program. What happens if you double click on the big I?

Sounds like something changed on your computer or your mouse on Friday.

Have you installed Service Pack 1 for Inventor 2012?

Did you reboot the computer and the problem persists?

I'n not unsually the one that uses it, I just get it working for the students/teacher and service pack 1 is installed, and the computer has been rebooted several times.

Doesn't solve your problem - but around here we run a program called Deep Freeze on the lab computers.

Whenever a computer is rebooted - it is restored to the ghosted condition - so it doesn't matter what a student does, the computer is always returned to a stable image.

we used that program along time ago but we haven't purchased it in years, I changed the mouse and even tried changing the mouse setting and still doesn't work, If I can't get it working in the next 1 1/2 I'm just going to reimage the computer and that hopefully should take care of the issue, if not then I'm back at the drawing board , lol how appropiate since its a cad program...