AutoCad 2008 - Osnap Toolbar disappeared

Sube

I had been using the Osnap Toolbar forever, during a drawing session the toolbar vanished. I've gone to View Toolbars and the Osnap Toolbar is not listed. How do I recreate the Osnap Toolbar or find where it is hiding?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sube

• ReMark

• MACdwg

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

So you right-click on an existing toolbar and the OBJECT SNAP toolbar is not even listed?

That sounds like it was purposely deleted from the CUI.

I guess you missed this: So you right-click on an existing toolbar and the OBJECT SNAP toolbar is not even listed?

Never mind. Let's move on.

Do the following:

Command: -toolbar

Enter toolbar name or [ALL]: object_snap

Enter an option [show/Hide/Left/Right/Top/Bottom/Float] : except the default

That's understandable. I'm sure you'll get it all straightened out in no time.

No response so far so I'll take that as good news. Time for me to retire for the evening. Good night.

ReMark,

Thank you again for the assistance yesterday unfortunately, after following your directions and double checking a second time I got the message "Toolbar not found". I know it existed because I have been using it for the past couple of years. I've unloaded the program and reloaded it but that had no effect. Which CUI is Osnap part of and can it be edited to add the toolbar back into it?

I don't recall the vendor but it is an authentic and registered copy of AutoCad 2008 from Autodesk. Serial No. xxx-xxxxxxxx

Edited by Cad64
Serial Number Removed

You might want to delete that serial number immediately.

I wonder if 2008 retained a back up copy of the original CUI? Nevermind. I already answered my own question. The answer is "Yes".

What you would need to do is shut down AutoCAD and then using Windows Explorer find the following file: acad.bak.cui

If your search turns up the file note the path to the file. The acad.cui that you are using should be located in the same folder. What you do then is go to that folder, rename acad.cui to acad.cui.BAD and rename acad.bak.cui to acad.cui after which you would restart AutoCAD and test.