Text editing with multiple objects selected.

HydroGuy

I was wondering if there is a way to edit single line text when there are multiple objects selected. I have multiple text which need their justification edited but there are non-text items amongst them. Instead of clicking on each of them I would like to just select the area and then edit the text as required.

Thanks in advance

You should be able to do that with the Properties window. Pull down the object list (if there are nontext items), select the text object, and change the justification. That will affect all of the selected objects.

If your text is on a separate layer you could isolate it then do the following (submitted by smjgsmith on the AutoDesk Discussion Group).

"To edit text, select each one using grips in the order you want. Go to properties palette. Under Text in the Contents it probably says Varies. If you click on varies you get a little button appear next to it with three dots on it. When you select this button it brings up each piece of text separately."