How to know the scale.

plokypopoy

I have a problem in scaling. I wanted to know the scale of a drawing. After i have drawn the drawing. What will i do to know the scale of it or what is the recommended scale for the drawing i have drawn.

Please reply ASAP.

Thank you

Always draw everything to scale, in Modelspace. Use Paperspace, or the Layout tabs to create a Viewport, using the MVIEW command. Open the Properties palette (Ctrl+1), then click on the Viewport edge. With the Viewport selected, on the Properties palette you can adjust the scale you need.

Maybe if i send the file to you, so that it will be mo clearer. Can i ask for your email add. Is it ok for me to ask your email add. Thanks.

You draw all your model space objects to the real world FULL size then switch over to a layout and create a viewport. It is the viewport that gets a scale assigned to it and not the objects you see through the viewport.

The scale you use will be dependent upon the size of the objects you drew and the size of the paper you will be plotting to. A paperclip could easily be plotted on a A3 sheet size but a F14 fighter jet would have to be scaled down to fit on the same size sheet.

After reviewing the drawing, it's perfectly to scale. Wanna know why I know? Because it's dimensioned, and the dimension scale factor is to 1. I'm not understanding what you're trying to accomplish as you still have not told me. I suspect you might be confused about the term Scale and you mean something else, so if you would please explain what you're trying to accomplish, we can further assist.

:)

You draw all your model space objects to the real world FULL size then switch over to a layout and create a viewport. It is the viewport that gets a scale assigned to it and not the objects you see through the viewport.

The scale you use will be dependent upon the size of the objects you drew and the size of the paper you will be plotting to. A paperclip could easily be plotted on a A3 sheet size but a F14 fighter jet would have to be scaled down to fit on the same size sheet.

Just to add a bit more speceficity here, there are common scales you want to plot to, try if possible, to stick to these scales. If you need to see what the scales are look at some actual scales.

The OP just emailed me what he wanted to do. He wants to plot to scale I think. Lol, after I told him time and time again to explain what you're trying to accomplish. *sigh*

i'm sorry that i get you confused guys. Sorry to bother you guys. I'm just a beginner in this field and wanted to learn more. And also appreciated your efforts. Thanks.

i'm sorry that i get you confused guys. Sorry to bother you guys. I'm just a beginner in this field and wanted to learn more. And also appreciated your efforts. Thanks.

Not so fast. You come here asking for help and we are trying to provide it. Since most of us do not have access to your drawing we have to ask a lot more questions. Please answer any and all questions put to you. Thanks.

No problem, just next time if you need something, it's always better to type what you're trying to accomplish, this way we know how to get you to your goal.

Now, to continue. You need to go to the Layout tab, or better known as Paperspace. This is considered your "sheet of paper" that you will plot from. With the MVIEW command you can create a Viewport, better known as a "window" to the drawing in Modelspace. Ready my first post to set the scale. Type PAGESETUP to get the proper page size, and other print settings.

Sir stykface, after you have seen my drawing. You have said that i perfectly scaled it. So you are saying that I can put to my drawing 1:1 scale into it?.

Sir stykface, after you have seen my drawing. You have said that i perfectly scaled it. So you are saying that I can put to my drawing 1:1 scale into it?.
I'm just saying it's scaled per the drawing. Real life? I have no idea. Might need to make a phone call and verify. :)

Are you drawing in Modelspace then wanting to scale in Paperspace? If so one way I do it, while in Paperspace click inside viewport. Then in the command line type Z enter then 1/50XP enter. (or what ever size you need)

---------------------------------------------------

Command: z

ZOOM

Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or

[All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] : 1/50xp

---------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps!?!!

ploky: Do yourself a favor and select your scales from the drop-down list on the Viewports toolbar. It is much easier than using n/xp scale factors.