Extrusion Delusion

Tridraft

I have several pieces of aluminum extrusion that need to be revolved to specific radii but also require cut patterns and hole arrays on several of the extruded flanges. It would be much easier to sketch the requirements along the flat surfaces and then revolve the extruded pieces to my radius requirements, Can this be done or will I have to sketch the extrusion profile, revolve to required radius and then provide work planes for each of the numerous cuts and arrays along each of the flanges? I’ve attached one of the extrusion sketches so you can see what my end result radius must be.

Did I take a left turn when I should have taken a right?

Thanks.CADTutorSketch01.ipt

Bend Part. Bend Part.png

When are the holes created in the real world - before or after bending (it makes a difference).

If you aren't going to fully constrain your profile sketch - you should at least make it a Sketch Block.

Also - you might install the Service Packs for 2011.