Displaying distance in command line

MrTapir

Hi all, I have been using the DI command to get line lengths (of road widths, that sort of thing), and in the command line, it just gives the X, Y and Z distances, and not the actual length of the line.

Does anyone know how to change the displayed information so that the length of the line drawn with DI shows in the command line?

Also is there an option to choose what is displayed in the command line with DI command?

Thanks

Rich

This is an example of the output generated by the Distance command. What's that I see in the bold text? Oh, it's the actual distance! This was taken from a full version of AutoCAD. I would not expect anything different in LT. Post an example of what you get.

Command: di

DIST

Specify first point:

Specify second point or [Multiple points]:

Distance = 4.0508, Angle in XY Plane = 350, Angle from XY Plane = 0

Delta X = 3.9916, Delta Y = -0.6903, Delta Z = 0.0000

This is an example of the output generated by the Distance command. What's that I see in the bold text? Oh, it's the actual distance! This was taken from a full version of AutoCAD. I would not expect anything different in LT. Post an example of what you get.

Command: di

DIST

Specify first point:

Specify second point or [Multiple points]:

Distance = 4.0508, Angle in XY Plane = 350, Angle from XY Plane = 0

Delta X = 3.9916, Delta Y = -0.6903, Delta Z = 0.0000

Yes I get that same display, having done what DADGAD suggested. I just needed to drag the command window up a bit.

As a matter of fact there is.:P I'm a little slow on the uptake this morning. Haven't had that first cup of coffee or the nine others that will follow it.:lol:

• 9 months later...

Ahhh, not done yet after all these years! I'm getting the following with the ((0d0'.0")) always wraping around to the next line making my command line display box wider than I want. 1) how do I stop it from wraping or 2) how do I get rid of the "Angle..." or the entire "Delta X to ... Delta z" line?

Distance = 35'-8", Angle in XY Plane = 34d12'24.1", Angle from XY Plane =

0d0'0.0"

Delta X = 29'-6", Delta Y = -20'-1", Delta Z = 0'-0"

Many of us allow the command line to span the entire distance from left to right across the bottom of our screens. Are you doing something different? Post a screenshot if you are.

To ReMark.

No my display to the command line prompts is a total of four lines (in cluding the command line) three are shown in my last post. and it is the middle line the "0d0'0" that I would like to have not wrap around to its own line but rather stay at the end of the "XY Plane =" (see above). OR I do not even need all that entire Delta stuff...so how do I make it just not give me the Dealta stuff? I went to options (mouse hover over the command line and then right click the mouse button for the options command).