PDF file will not plot

jweigle

My issue revolves around plotting a pdf from paper space. I made a viewport from model to show the pdf on the drawing. It shows up in paper space, when I go to plot it, hit preview, pdf doesn't show up on the preview. Funny thing is, the rest of my viewports show up on the drawing and come out fine when I plot them, just not the pdf.

I used layer 4(cyan) as my outer image border. Not sure why its not picking up the pdf image when I plot it out.

Suggesstions?

Thanks.

Are you trying to make a PDF plot of your paper space? Or are you trying to plot a PDF that you inserted into your drawing? If the latter, then I don't know enough to help. Another question: is your layer 4 set up not to plot?

The file size of my pdf is 52KB.

I don't know if the size of the file would have to do something with it, it might. With it being a small file, I never considered it.

I ask because I frequently need to attach .tiffs to my drawings. In drawings with too many images, it seems like the network to our printer gets clogged and the drawing area shows up blank, while the title block prints fine. I have been able to correct this in some instances by reducing the image quality in my drawings from 600 to 300 dpi.

600 to 300? That might work.

If it does, how would I go about making my numbers and hatching defined on the pdf without sacrificing file size?

If the quality goes down, the items I need to call out might not show up as clear.

It may reduce the quality of the plot. I didn't have a noticable difference. I don't know how your printer works, but I just adjusted the printer properties to plot rasters from 600 to 300 dpi. It shouldn't take too long to make a change and do a couple test plots.

For what its worth, I have a Xerox 6604 plotter.

I just remade the pdf with 300 dpi.

I reloaded it back into the drawing, plotted it out and its still not coming up.

I am starting to wonder if its a setting I am missing, not turned on or if its something more involved than that.

I believe that I confused the issue for a moment. Forgot that we are printing to pdf. The plotter has nothing to do with it - however, the reduced dpi fixed the problem for me in both cases of plotting hard copy or plotting to pdf. It seemed related to the network bogging down.

The issue from the sounds of it is with your .pdf publisher. Are you using one installed on your network or on your machine?

It doesn't sound like an issue with your layers and what not as it is able to plot normally.

try adjusting your printer settings. Go to plot your layout. When the plot dialogue box appears, click on printer properties. When the Plotter Config Editor appears, make sure your on the Device and Doc Settings tab(far right tab on mine) and click on Graphics. Highlight Raster Graphics. Look down and there should be some scroll setting bars for Raster and OLE. Set your OLE scroll bar to a notch or two to the left of BEST (middle right), and then go on with your plot. If this doesn't work the first time, keep messing with the OLE setting staying away from NONE and BEST, until you see something you like. Get some