retangle & blocks

bibi

hello

Have a drawing that I would like to add two blocks into. They are toilet & tub. I deleted them both from my drawing left with an outer square. Need to draw another square within the existing one. My directions tell me to draw a rectangle 7'-6"x5". Then orient the rectangle so the long side goes from left to right and the lower left corner is at the coordinate 1'-10",1'-10".

Tried typing limits into command prompt, selecting rectangle tool, then press enter, than putting in coordinates 0,0 as lower coordinates and tried entering both of the above mentioned coordinates. Managed to create the out square sometime during the process but not an inner one. Lastly my directions say something about using the Explode command. Possible, but not sure if that command is all that needed. Not sure what to do?

OK...7'-6"x5" is neither the size of a tub or a toilet. Could it be 7'-6" x 5'-0"? If it is then that sounds more like the size of a small bathroom.

To draw the room start the Rectangle command and before you do anything else type in the coordinates you want to use. You next type the letter "D" which stands for "dimensions". AutoCAD will prompt you first for the length then for the width. Finally you'll be asked to specify other corner point. You want to pick up and to the right. Are you using architectural or decimal units?

Can you post the instructions exactly as written? It would be a big help. Thanks.

hello

I made a error in my thread. I am supposed to delete the whole drawing by hitting erase command and then typing all at command prompt pressing enter twice. From there my direction specify the following. Draw a rectangle 7'-6"x5'. Orient the rectangle so the long sides go from left to right and the lower left corner is at coordinate 1'-10",1'-10". I am using Autocad 2010 and I am using architectural. I think there should be big square with a smaller one inside. I have a copy of the drawing attached here. Sorry for the mix up. bath.jpg.dwg

In your attached drawing the room measures 11'-0" x 8'-6". That does not agree with the dimensions you posted.

Now I know why those dimensions look so familiar. You have drawn the equivalent of your paper size (in feet/inches) in model space which you must be using as your limits. Am I right?

Edited by ReMark

It is entirely possible to construct a rectangle with a starting point of 1'-10", 1'-10" at the called for size of 7'-6" x 5'-0". This was taken from my AutoCAD text window after doing such a procedure. Notice that dashes are not used in the dimensions.

Command: _rectang

Specify first corner point or [Chamfer/Elevation/Fillet/Thickness/Width]:

1'10",1'10"

Specify other corner point or [Area/Dimensions/Rotation]: d

Specify length for rectangles : 7'6"

Specify width for rectangles : 5'0"

Specify other corner point or [Area/Dimensions/Rotation]: