How join arc and circle?

AsyJ

Hello,

I made this technical detail. To make an arc I use ''tan, tan, radius'' command. It looks like arc and circle is joined together, but if I move closer as you can see they aren't joined together. So how can I join them?

I tried 'join' command but it won't work for me or maybe I don't know how correctly use this commad.

qsox34.jpg

Hi, the arc and the circle may actually be connected. To see if that is the case: try to zoom in to the place and use the REGEN command. If that doesn't work you can use EXTEND to make the arc connect to the circle. In the EXTEND command you first select the circle and then the arc.

You'll be able to get them to touch each other but you cannot actually "join" them as one might do with the end of an arc to the end of a line. The arc will remain a separate entity.

Yes, they can be joined.

Right click on one of the status buttons at the lower left of the window.

Click on settings when the selection window opens.

The Drafting Settings window will open.

Click on the Object Snap tab, third button from the left.

Click on the intersection check box, at the bottom of the left hand column.

Click OK to close the window and activate the Intersection option.

Now when the Tan,Tan, Radius is used the arc will join at the correct tangent point.

Attach the file here so that others can check.

As indicated - it might only be a graphics issue.

You might also took into the Parametric Constraints - geometry constraints like Coincident to be absolutely positively sure the end of the arc is coincident with the circle and the arc is tangent with the circle.

Hi, the arc and the circle may actually be connected. To see if that is the case: try to zoom in to the place and use the REGEN command.

I use 'REGEN' command and it works.

Thank you all for comments - very helpful.

Can you show us Ollie how one joins an arc to a complete circle? When someone uses the word "join" in reference to AutoCAD I assume they mean like in PEDIT > Join.