area

sham

Area

Can any one help me for this problem. Today i Get new Drawing then i tried to find out the area of certain room. Then The Room less than 10 m2 is ok but the area more than 10 m2 meter is coming like this area 1.03310963E+07. can any one know how to change this setting. thanks

It would appear from your figures, that the units in the drawing are millimetres, so the area will be in square millimetres, and must be divided by 1000000 to give you square metres.

If you want to work in metre units, then you will have to scale the whole drawing by 0.001.

It would appear from your figures, that the units in the drawing are millimetres, so the area will be in square millimetres, and must be divided by 1000000 to give you square metres.

If you want to work in metre units, then you will have to scale the whole drawing by 0.001.

I think Eldon has got a good point there, not too many folks on this forum could afford to make a room THAT big!

You might also want to modify the dimension style which is being used, perhaps decimal, engineering or architectural or one of the other settings would be more to your liking for the unit formatting in the primary units settings.

change the unit format from scientific in your dimension style.JPG

As another "quick-fix" start the Units command. Then change the type to something like Decimal and select the precision. That should force most of these to something decent. Though remember if you draw in mm, then you'll get square mm using the area command.

To get around this you can always try using a text with a field pointing to the PL's area property. Then you can set the field's format the way you like and its advanced settings to multiply by 0.000001. An added bonus to this is if you later stretch the polyline to a different length / breadth the field automatically updates (no need to re-run the area command and retype the text).