Inventor

ryansanderson172

Hi

Im currently designing a Hydro turbine blade and holding but only have the free student inventor which wont allow me to carry out a stress analysis on my design. Could some body help me me out the analysis of my design. The blade will be fit within a 54mmID plastic pipe running on a shaft and will be made of ABS plastic and be subjected to 0.003 m3/s of water , if you can help ill add a part file.5 Blade Prop.ipt

the

Many kind regards

ryan

Ryan,

If you have access to the free version of Inventor for Students it does have Stress Analysis. Does your version say Inventor Professional?

You also have access to Autodesk Simulation for more advanced SA.

yeah its inventor pro 2011 student, thanks mark, I may have to research how to use the darn thing, many regards

ryan

Check the environments tab. You should be able to click on Stress Analysis there, and play with it.

It's a lot of fun, but it's pretty complex. There's more of a learning curve there than there was in figuring out your 3D sketch problem. :)

The student version is fully functional.

Before you try to run FEA you should remove these tiny slivers that will likely cause singularities.

Slivers.jpg

sorry to maybe ask a simple question, but the marks you refer to, they dont stick out at all (I dont think) how can i remove them with out ffecting any other dimension? should i make a new sketch on the face and cut away from it to remove the slivers.

cheers

ryan

sorry to maybe ask a simple question, but the marks you refer to, they dont stick out at all (I dont think) how can i remove them with out ffecting any other dimension? should i make a new sketch on the face and cut away from it to remove the slivers.

cheers

ryan

Sounds like you've already fixed it, but the really easy way to get rid of little artifacts like that from combining things together is to use DELETE FACE with the checkbox for HEAL picked.

hi, just a quickie, im using 2011, i gonna ask help from an engineer at work (im a student) and need to be able to view the models ive created on inventor 11. can i save the files as stp or stl files to do this? ive just save as an stp file and my inventor 2011 wont recognise it, will 11?

cheers.

Any one offer any guidance on how to simulate :(

Any version of Inventor should read stp file.

There was some problems on some machines in later releases if you had it set to create the html report on Open.

This can be turned off if you click Options when opening and set not to create the report.

this is what i get whenUntitled.jpg i try and do a stress analyis on my item

all greyed out

can some one tell me what im doing wrong?

Your file works on my machine.

Problems with STEP and FEA - I think I have heard this before.

Did you install with anti-virus and UAC turned off?

Have you installed all Service Packs?

Reboot computer.

If not, turn off anti-virus and UAC.

Do a Repair Install.

Install all Service Packs.

Your file works on my machine.

Problems with STEP and FEA - I think I have heard this before.

Did you install with anti-virus and UAC turned off?

Have you installed all Service Packs?

Reboot computer.

If not, turn off anti-virus and UAC.

Do a Repair Install.

Install all Service Packs.

I'll try that , where do I find the service

Packs? As I'm running student

Thanks again been a real help!

Cheers

Ryan

Once again, there is no difference between student and commercial - only the license terms of use are different.

A Google search should turn up the download site for the updates (that is how I find them).