Paste Does Not Work

ecshclark

I'm using Inventor 2011. I used to be able to "Copy to Clipboard" in AutoCAD, and then paste that geometry into an Inventor sketch, either a model or drawing sketch. Now it doesn't work. When I paste into the sketch in Inventor, the rectangular boundaries extents of the geometry appears, but when I click a location no geometry appears. ???

Doesn't matter what file I have, I can not copy (to clipboard) and then paste any geometry from AutoCAD into an Inventor sketch. I used to be able to do this, all day, everyday. It may have stopped working when I went from 2010 to 2011.

Attached are files about as simple as it gets. A 5 inch circle in an AutoCAD file. A 5x10 inch rectangle in an Inventor sketch. I can not copy to clipboard the circle in AutoCAD and then paste it in Inventor. It shows the dashed boundary extents of the geometry being pasted in Inventor, but after clicking the locatation nothing appears. I'm thinking it must be some setting I inadvertantly set, a bug, or my installation got screw up.:x

TestPastePlan1.dwg

TestPastePart1.ipt

Ha! that doesn't appear to work either! In an IPT.file I edit a sketch, go to insert, ACAD, select an AutoCAD file, then most of the options in the dialog box are greyed out, and nothing happens. Maybe I should reinstall, or do a repair installation???

Thats very strange. I have always copy and pasted as you do into Inventor without any issues. I know some people have copying to a clipboard in general using ACAD, but ctrl+c and ctrl+v seem to work fine. Try that maybe.