Viewport issue-Nothing shows up in it

farfalu

I am currently using Autocad Mep 2012 with Quickpen Pipedesigner add-on. Normally the Quickpen add-on automatically creates a viewport in paperspace, then I make a new viewport to show a diffent view of the piping item I am dealing with. For some reason now when I go to create a new viewport in paperspace my drawing does not show up in it. I create a viewport by opening the new viewports tab and selecting single. It seems to work fine with other drawings but all of the sudden it doesn't want to work. Any help would be great

Thanks

I am not familiar with MEP, but can you attach the file here?

If you zoom all in the viewport does something show up?

If you zoom all in modelspace does everything "disappear"?

This is usually caused by having one or more objects a long way from the rest of the model. When the viewport is made it zooms extents and so it appears to be empty. In the new viewport where nothing is showing start the erase command, type all, hit enter once to see the objects highlighted, cancel out of the erase command. You should have seen some objects highlighted in two different locations, one is your model and the other one is an object away from everything else. Edit the model accordingly to eliminate the problem.

Thanks for your advice. I don't think its a zooming problem. I played around with different things and I found that if I change the layer that the piping item is on then it will show up in the viewport. If I select the piping item inside the VP that comes in automatically and change the layer you can see it disappear and reappear as I switch layers back and forth. It is only the one layer that seems to be a problem. Maybe the layer is corrupted?

Thanks for your advice. I don't think its a zooming problem. I played around with different things and I found that if I change the layer that the piping item is on then it will show up in the viewport. If I select the piping item inside the VP that comes in automatically and change the layer you can see it disappear and reappear as I switch layers back and forth. It is only the one layer that seems to be a problem. Maybe the layer is corrupted?

Have you AUDITED your drawing? Checked for new viewport frozen for the layer which isn't showing?

Reviewing your post it sounds like the layer is either frozen or NEW VIEWPORT FROZEN. Check in your layer properties manager.

Since it reappears when you change layers then the layer color is too dark perhaps, so check that. Also check that the layer isn't frozen in the VP, and that it isn't set to a low transparency value, all done in the layer manager.

I did check all that was suggested, no layers are frozen and the transparency is the same for other layers that show up. I will try auditing my drawing and see if that does anything. I have also been in contact with Quickpen and they are currently trying to sort this out as well, maybe they have had experience with this as well. Thanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate the help.

Delete everything except one bit of geometry that still exhibits the behavior and attach the dwg here.

(My guess that in the process of preparing the file for posting you will discover the problem. If not - someone here will find it within minutes.)

We spend all this time learning to communicate with geometry - let's communicate with geometry.

So simple an idea!

The last time I tried communicating in that fashion the wife said "Enough with the practical and axiomatic geometry. How do I get to mall from here?" What a grouch.

Yes, please post something we can see and work with. It would be a big help. Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32269[/ATTACH]

Proxy objects...yuk.

I was going through all the trouble to download an enabler.

This is the best I can do at the moment.

I'll drink to that! But both viewports are now displaying. L-gas was viewport frozen in the right viewport. You needed to click into the viewport to check it. I like to go to the layer properties manager, because you can see so much more there.

Be careful when you are selecting the new layer button, because right next to it is the new layer viewport frozen button.

Yeah, proxy objects ....... annoying!

displaying in both.jpg

I noticed that the viewport for the top view was not created on the viewport layer which someone did go through the trouble of creating (thumbs up on that decision).

I noticed that the viewport for the top view was not created on the viewport layer which someone did go through the trouble of creating (thumbs up on that decision).

Right, the DIM layer if I am not mistaken.

• 3 years later...

MAXACTVP (System Variable)

Sets the maximum number of viewports that can be active at one time in a layout.

Type: Integer

Saved in: Drawing

Initial value: 64

MAXACTVP has no effect on the number of viewports that are plotted.

mviscetto: How does your suggestion solve the problem? BTW...the OP has one layout with two viewports and MAXACTVP is set to a value of 48.