Editing Inventor Drawings in AutoCAD

saultman

I have created an inventor model and created inventor 2D drawings for it. I have also imported that drawing into AutoCAD to edit it and send it to clients but it will not send my sections or details to AutoCAD, it will only send the base and projected views to AutoCAD to be edited.

Any ideas how to bring over my sections and details like I do my base and projected views.

Thanks

I used "copy as as" and saved the Inventor dwg to an AutoCAD dwg. Our company is new to inventor and i'm charged with learning it....this is my last stumbling block...so far

Sorry if im misunderstanding you, I got a bout of insomnia this week and have very little to do at work, menaing my brain is operating at sub-optimal levels.

I've done that and it gives me a 3d model in autoCAD...what I want is a 2d drawing that i can edit in autoCAD. I can do it the way the program says but it will not bring over the sections or details views i have made only the base and projected views.

It is weird because the projected views are esencially the same thing as a section but a section is a cut of the model not the edge.

I hope I am explaining this right...

Try using Inventor DWG's for your layouts and not IDW's Then open your Inventor DWG directly in AutoCAD. I do this all the time for creating construction details on my models.

It opens directly in AutoCAD PS, however, it can be exported to MS...

Opened in AutoCAD PS

inv_dwgPS.jpg

Exported to MS

inv_dwgMS.jpg

KC

Just a off tangent question. You say your company is new to Inventor and you have been tasked to learn it? Has your company set up any conversion or introduction to Inventor training with a local or web resource? The last thing you want to be doing is starting a pilot project with Inventor or full production project and then learn you went about some things the wrong way. Namely things such as Content Center, Project Files, Modeling methods, File organization just to name a few.